BYU–Hawaii departments and organizations wishing to advertise events, campaigns, initiatives, etc. through posters across campus can design their posters and request permission to display them from individual locations/departments across campus.
How to Design and seek Permission to Hang posters
The process for designing and hanging posters should begin about three weeks prior to the time that you would like your poster displayed. We recommend that posters be displayed several days to a week to the event date.
Schedule: Permission to Use Space
You must speak with the department/organization or area who maintains the bulletin boards or display space that you would like to place your posters. They will grant you permission to use their space. This will give you an idea of how many posters to print. For example, Aloha Center Information Desk grants permission to have posters on the bulletin boards in the Aloha Center and the two kiosks (outside of the Cafeteria and the Joseph F. Smith Library).
Design (1 work week)
If you will be managing the design of your poster, please make sure that it meets all print and design requirements. If you need help designing your poster, please submit a design request to firstname.lastname@example.org. One week of design and revision is recommended.
Submit for Printing (2-5 business days)
Display Period (1-3 weeks)
Departments and facilities will be responsible for displaying posters in the correct space prior to the event as well as removing posters after the event has ended. We recommend posters be displayed several days prior to the event date for effective publicity.
Design content considerations
- Standard Posters size is 11 x 17 inches or tabloid size.
- Content and artwork should be in line with the messaging and values of BYU–Hawaii and should follow the Honor Code.
- Content should follow copyright laws. Permission must be obtained from the copyright owner to use photos and artwork on materials.
- Grammar and spelling should be correct
- Dates spelled without st, nd, rd, th, or year (i.e. Wednesday, Oct. 10 or Wed, October 10)
- Time spelled without periods, in lowercase letters, and space between the number and am/pm (i.e. 11 am – 12 pm).
- Design elements should follow the BYU–Hawaii Brand Guidelines. Use the official organization/location titles (i.e. “Old Gym” is actually “McKay Gym”).