Digital signage is an effective and cost-efficient way to advertise and market information across campus. It is available for BYU–Hawaii departments and organizations to promote events, campaigns, initiatives, etc. Digital sign images should be formatted and submitted as static images, motion graphics, or short videos to be displayed on digital screens placed in high traffic areas across campus.
Digital Sign Image Guidelines
- Dimensions: 1920 px by 1080 px (landscape only)
- Color Mode: RGB
- Image is in a jpeg or png format
- Videos should not include sound
- Videos are no longer than 60 seconds
- The amount of text should be limited and large enough to read from a distance (min. 24pt)
- Content and artwork should be in line with the messaging and values of BYU–Hawaii and should follow the Honor Code
- Content should follow copyright laws and safe for commercial use. Obtain the necessary permissions from the copyright owner to use photos, fonts, and artwork on materials.
- Grammar and spelling should be correct
- Write out the dates with the day of the week, the month, and the number of the day without st, nd, rd, th, or the year (e.g., Wednesday, Oct. 10 or Wed, October 10). The year may be included only for annual events.
- Times are spelled without periods, in lowercase letters, and space between the number and am/pm (e.g.,11 am – 12 pm)
- Use the official department/organization and location titles. Refer to the Writing Guide for these titles
- Submissions will be displayed no longer than 5 weeks
Digital sign images must comply with the BYUH Brand Guidelines. To receive the official brand training and access to your BYUH department logo, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need help with designing your digital sign image, please submit a design request .
How to Submit Digital Sign Images
Images and videos that are already formatted correctly to the guidelines above, please email it to email@example.com. Include the dates you would like it to be posted up and then taken down.
If you need assistance, creating a digital sign image, University Communications has templates available for Photoshop, Illustrator, and PowerPoint that can be used to create an image. Email your request for the templates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a high-profile or important university-level project, University Communications can assist with the design work. Submit a design request.
Locations of Digital Signage
- Lorenzo Snow Administration Building
- Aloha Center
- Joseph F. Smith Library
- Heber J. Grant Building
- Club Dining (Cafeteria)