Procedures & Guidelines for Special Bulletin Submissions
1. The Special Bulletin is distributed daily to all current students, faculty, and staff. Announcements must be received no later than 9:00 a.m. to be included in that day's bulletin. Announcements received after the deadline will be included in the next bulletin.
2. Submissions that pertain to both students and employees, please submit announcements to both the student and employee ebulletin.
3. To submit an announcement, you may use the form on the next page of this website.
4. Announcements must be 80 words or less, including attributions and contact information. If needed, a hyperlink can be included to redirect readers to a Web page for more information.
5. Please include a name and contact information with the announcement so people can reach you with questions if necessary. Email addresses used as contact information must be @go.byuh.edu or @byuh.edu to be included.
6. University Communications reserves the right to refine the text. Please ensure information is correct, such as dates, times, etc.
7. All submissions will be distributed three times, once as a new submission and twice as a reminder. If you are advertising an event, it will be distributed once as a new submission, once in the today section on the event date, and once as a reminder.
8.All submissions will only run the allotted three times. If they are re-submitted, with the same information, they will not be distributed again.
9. If your submission needs more than the allotted three times verification must be provided
10. University Communications reserves the right to reject submissions. Policies are subject to change to address unforeseen issues should they arise. We will notify you when changes will be made on this policy.
11. The following announcements are not appropriate for any BYU–Hawaii bulletin:
- Personal commercial advertisements
- Lost and Found
- Other personal businesses
- Rumors and hearsay
- Individual out of office announcements
- Items or events covering doctrinally sensitive issues
12. Please review these policies regularly.
13. Please email email@example.com with questions and concerns.