Who can use social media?
BYU–Hawaii departments may use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media tools as a communication channel.
How should BYUH use social media?
These channels should be used to provide value to students, explain the purpose of the department, announce events, and aid students in navigating university life. Each account should have a distinct purpose, audience, and content plan. New accounts must be approved by University Communications before creation. All current accounts must be verified through social media procedures.
Can BYUH departments have a YouTube channel?
We request that all departments host and post videos on the
official university YouTube account. Individual channels may be available upon request.
Meet the guidelines? What's next?
According to our procedures, all official university accounts must comply with the following:
- Social media handle must be @byuh_______(department name).
- Account must use the approved social media profile photo.
- Profile must include full department name (or program for the Faculty Units), accurate links, correct contact information, hours/location (if relevant), the purpose of the department and account.
- Content must follow copyright laws.
- Content must align with the Honor Code.
- Account must represent the university in a respectful manner.
- Account must meet the social media sustainability guideline.
To receive recognition as an official university account, please fill out the request for social media training form.
All content that is posted must be consistent, accurate, respectful, focused, and represent the university accordingly.
If you have questions regarding this procedure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.