Procedures & Guidelines:
1. The Employee Bulletin is distributed daily to all employees, missionaries, and volunteers at BYU–Hawaii. Announcements must be received no later than 9:00 AM to be included in that day's bulletin. Announcements received after the deadline will be included in the next bulletin.
2. Information that pertains to both students and employees must be submitted in two individual submissions: the Student Bulletin and the Employee Bulletin.
3. To submit an announcement, fill out the form as provided.
4. Announcements must be 80 words or less, including attributions and contact information. If needed, a hyperlink can be included to redirect readers to a web page for more information.
5. Include a name and contact information with the announcement as a resource for people to refer to if they have questions. Email addresses used as contact information must be a BYUH email address (@go.byuh.edu or @byuh.edu).
6. For events or initiatives not hosted or produced by BYU–Hawaii, a supporting or sponsoring department should be mentioned in the bulletin announcement.
7. University Communications reserves the right to refine the text. Please ensure information is correct, such as dates, times, etc.
8. All submissions will be distributed once as a new submission. During the week prior to an event, a link to the event in the online master calendar will be included in the Employee Bulletin.
9. All submissions will only run once. If they are re-submitted, with the same information, they will not be distributed again.
10. Corrections to previously submitted announcements may be included in the Employee Bulletin if they contain important information, such as a date, time, or place change.
11. If your submission needs to be distributed more than once, due to the legal requirements or accreditation, a verification must be provided and approval from University Communications must be obtained.
12. Submissions may be chosen to be featured using larger photos and graphics. These are chosen on a case-by-case basis by University Communications.
13. University Communications reserves the right to reject submissions. Policies are subject to change to address unforeseen issues should they arise. We will notify you when changes will be made on this policy.
14. The following announcements are not appropriate for any BYU–Hawaii bulletin:
- Personal commercial advertisements
- Lost and Found
- Other personal business
- Rumors and hearsay
- Individual out of office announcements
- Items or events covering doctrinally sensitive issues
15. Review these policies regularly.
16. Email email@example.com with questions and concerns.