Consider your email signature as your electronic business card. Below is the recommended BYUH email signature that includes the basic information about the employee.
First and Last Name
Brigham Young University–Hawaii
(808) 675-0000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The recommended template for BYUH email signatures includes the person's name, job title, department name, university name, phone number, and email address.
To make changes to your email signature on Outlook, go to "Settings," and in the search bar, type "signature."
Tips and More Recommendations
- Simplify Information: Not everyone uses a fax machine or needs to know your mailing address. For your safety and to simplify your email signature, use the department's physical address or fax number only when necessary.
- Use Legible Typefaces: We recommend using a simple sans-serif font (examples: Arial or Segoe UI)
- Highlight Your Name: Make your name bold and as well a little larger than the rest of the information below it.
- Highlight Your Job Title: Make your job titles in italics.
- Use Official Department Names: Be sure to state your department name correctly. Refer to the Editorial Style Guide to verify the name.
- State the University Name Correctly: Use one of the following versions of the university name, and be sure to use the en dash.
- Use Black: Set the text in black.
- Avoid Images: Inserting images in the email signature will not always appear as intended nor successfully be previewed by your recipients. Do not use social media icons.
- Avoid Quotes or Additional Statements: As your email address and signature represent the university, anything you choose to include will be communicated on behalf of BYUH.
- Department Envelopes
- Department Letterheads
- Employee Business Cards
- Student Networking Cards
The following guidelines apply to all stationery:
- You may not design your own stationery items, nor may you change the logo or fonts on these items.
- All stationery must use the BYUH monogram, not individual department logos.
- Additional logos, graphics, photos, phrases, quotes, and tag lines are prohibited on either side of the official university stationery items.
How to Order Stationery Items
All BYUH departments, individual employees, and students must order their official BYUH business cards, networking cards, letterheads, and envelopes through Print Services' ordering system. Print Services is required to use the university's official stationery templates for these items as instructed by University Communications. Visit Print Services to place your order.
To request a digital letterhead (with the intent to distribute official communication digitally), contact Marisa Aoki.