BYU–Hawaii maintains a presence on a number of social media sites with the following purposes:
- Continue to build and market the BYU–Hawaii brand
- Reach out to new and potential students to help them decide to enroll and transition to campus life, and to answer their questions in a responsive manner using an environment in which they are comfortable.
- Maintain relationships with alumni and friends and encourage the support of the university through job/internship placement, mentoring and philanthropy.
- Provide information to current students, create resources to assist with their academic needs, and provide a forum for appropriate discussion of relevant issues.
- Increase the amount of high quality, university-related content available online.
- Receive and respond to feedback received through social media channels.
Additionally, we hope our efforts will assist the Church as a whole in building the kingdom of God and bringing people to Christ.